søndag 31. juli 2011

Last night in New York City

To quote Anela, my last day in New York was an epic Monday. It had everything a night needs and it was the perfect ending to an amazing summer.

Rosemary's
Rosemary's
Rosemary's
It started out with Anela, Mary and I, three 42 oz Bud Lights, and my all time favorite Rosemary's Greenpoint Tavern.

Meatball Shop
Meatball shop ladies
Meatball shop
Meatball shop
Meatball shop
We had dinner at my new favorite restaurant; The Meat Ball Shop. You cross off everything you want on the menu with a magic marker. So cool. And the food was beyond delicious. Everything on the menu looked good. I'm not kidding. EVERYTHING. My meatballs in spicy meat sauce with roast veggies on the side were nothing short of magic. And the delicious peach ice cream sandwiched between a ginger and an almond cookie for dessert: uh-mazing!

Beer Garden
Beer Garden
Beer Garden
After our dinner we were so full we could barely walk but nonetheless decided to visit a beer garden. Not a bad idea, coziest venue ever. Also, the guys on the table next to us accidentally got double orders of fries and decided to give them to us. And what delicious fries they were. We rolled out of there after an hour or so.

1978?
We jumped on the L-train and went to Le Poisson Rouge on Bleecker for free drinks and 80's dancing. For a moment I felt like I'd walked into a club in the Village in 1978.

Marie's Crisis
Anela and I stopped by Marie's Crisis to sing a couple of showtunes at the bar, before we said our goodbyes.

You fake 'em, we take 'em
ooooh
Tape
Piggy
Red, red, red
The pig and I
I took the subway to Midtown to meet Kathleen. On my request we went to the divey dive Rudy's, where they take it if you fake it, where they have duct tape all over their seats and where they have a giant pig outside. I repeated the success of last summer and took a photo with the pig. Nice.

Ms. Kearney
We had a little photo shoot before we walked our separate ways.

Good bye New York, until next time...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar